Hair Transplant Oklahoma City
It’s time to take action and restore your thinning hair to a natural-looking full head of hair. Experienced, board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Tim Love specializes in high-quality hair transplants – at remarkably low prices – at his hair restoration practice and plastic surgery center in Oklahoma City.
Get the best Hair Transplant for your money
- Dr. Tim Love uses the most effective hair transplant method available and has performed thousands of procedures over nearly thirty years.
- Affordable Price/ $3 Grafts: You get the remarkable value of permanent hair replacement at a great price. Compare our prices to other facilities charging an average of $8 per graft. That’s thousands of dollars saved and/or that allows you to get more grafts for an even fuller head of hair.
- Dr. Tim Love: Board Certified Surgeon, 30 years of experience in plastic and cosmetic surgery.
- Dr. Love is former associate of O’Tar Norwood, MD, one of the pioneers of hair transplant surgery.
Great hair is just a phone call away
Please visit us at our Oklahoma City office for a hair restoration consultation. For the convenience of Dr. Love’s out-of-town patients, many of the preoperative consultations can be performed with the use of photos, telephone conversations and Skype. Dr. Love’s hair transplant center understands patients’ needs and strives to make their experience as convenient as possible.
For more information about Dr. Tim Love hair transplants, contact us to arrange your consultation today: (405) 751-LOVE (5683)
The Procedure: Best results with Follicular Unit Grafts
Your natural hair grows in a combination of single hairs (follicles) intermixed with multiple (2-3) follicle units. Therefore, what better way could there be to restore your hair? Follicular unit transplants (FUT) involve moving healthy hair from the back of your scalp to thinning areas. This technique creates a natural look that is permanent. The hair that is transferred is not genetically sensitive to the negative effects of dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
To learn more details about the procedure, visit our hair replacement surgery page.
Am I a good candidate for a hair transplant?
Once you have decided to have a hair transplant, plastic surgeon Dr. Tim Love will discuss your customized procedure and set reasonable expectations of results for your hair restoration.
Good candidates for hair restoration generally have the following characteristics:
- Identified baldness or thinning of the hair
- A source of hair from which to harvest
- Feeling self-conscious about the lack of hair
Realistic outcomes are clarified during your consultation with Dr. Love. It is important that you develop a clear understanding of what we hope to accomplish based on your unique features and goals.
Hair loss patterns have been categorized and are identified by the Norwood system.
When will I see my new hair grow?
Hair follicles will usually start to grow 2-3 weeks after your hair restoration. Your new hair will then “shed” as the hair follicles go into a resting phase. During this time, it will appear that you have lost your new hair. Re-growth of your transplanted hair then begins in about 2-4 months. At 12 months, the benefit of your effort will be realized with approximately 90% of growth achieved. For more information, click here.
Why am I losing my hair?
Hair loss can be devastating to the person experiencing it. Before we can talk about how to restore hair, we first must understand how hair is lost and how hair grows. Reasons for thinning hair can include:
- Genetic disposition
- Hormonal changes during puberty, pregnancy or menopause
Hair loss in men and women have different causes
Male Hair Loss: Age, testosterone and heredity. Like many things in life, our age and family history offer a good prediction of what we will see in ourselves. Male hair can be sensitive to a break down product of testosterone. Dihydrotestosterone.
Men should ensure both the cause and symptoms of hair loss are being treated.
Female Hair Loss: Although occasionally there are identifiable causes for female hair loss such as low thyroid, iron deficiency, and auto immune disease that can be treated, the most common cause of hair loss in women is heredity. Women’s hair replacement is often coupled with other treatments including oral finisteride and topical minoxidil to prevent further hair loss.
How do I know that Dr. Tim Love is the best hair transplant surgeon for me?
- Voted the best plastic surgeon in Oklahoma City.
- Thirty plus years of cosmetic surgery experience in Oklahoma.
- Countless successful procedures.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Hundreds of satisfied patients – read their reviews.
- A comfortable and convenient OKC location.
- To learn more about Dr. Love and his qualifications and certifications, click here.
Contact the clinic or call Dr. Tim Love to arrange your free consultation today: (405) 563-9948