Let’s be honest: there’s a stigma surrounding plastic surgery, and it’s a negative one at that. With thousands of photos of bad plastic surgery jobs, or malformed celebrities fresh from the office, it can be a little hard to find the benefits under all of the bad press. If going under the knife is what scares you, it’s time to put your fears to rest.
Just because cosmetic surgery is most closely associated with intense procedures with long recovery times doesn’t mean that’s all there is. Minor procedures don’t have to mean minor results—Botox and clinical peels, while non-surgical can have amazing results on your body’s appearance.
Even First Lady Michelle Obama has expressed interest in pursuing non-surgical cosmetic procedures; why shouldn’t you? Although you may be familiar with some forms of cosmetic procedures, we’ve compiled a list of the ones we offer and what you can expect:
- Botox: While this is a non-surgical procedure that has also suffered some bad press, it is still one of the best procedures to relax facial muscles to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. The injections are typically placed around the eyes, mouth, and forehead and the results last up to a year.
- Fraxel Dual laser resurfacing, like Botox, helps to relax wrinkles, but it can also target acne and hyperpigmentation in facial tissue. The laser operates on two wavelengths, which allows it to treat a wide variety of skin problems.
- Exilis Elite is a skin-tightening procedure for patients of all ages who may be slightly overweight to improve the problem areas that dieting and exercise couldn’t cure alone. It uses radio frequencies and thermal heating to attack and shrink fat cells.
- Dermal fillers are used around a patient’s mouth and nose to smooth and fill-in deep wrinkles. It may also be used to create fuller lips. Typically, these injections are good for about a year.
- Chemical peels are customized specifically for your skin type and needs to soften and smooth surface texture as well as decreasing the frequency of breakouts. Based upon your individual needs, the results could vary.
If you want to improve your body without the stress of undergoing a major surgical procedure, all hope is not lost. Non-surgical cosmetic procedures have amazing results when performed by a licensed professional, so be sure to do your research on the doctor you choose. For questions regarding which procedure may be right for you and your needs, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call! We’d be happy to help!